Follow Me on Twitter!

Friday, August 19, 2011

The Dream Job


Just woke from a morning nap and a vivid dream. I was watching Leverage on my laptop, when Nate sensed Eliot behind him and asked if he was mad, Eliot just balled his fists, then attacked Nate from behind Ninja style after morphing into a creepy "Ghost" demon-like Batman, it startled me awake [still dreaming] to find my son opening a package he had taken delivery of while I slept. He's not allowed to answer the door to strangers, so I quickly looked up the company using the internet access on my cell phone. A glowing map appeared and started to navigate me through the streets of NW Portland to the neon blue outline of a high-rise building. Each floor had electronic billboards showing the ads of it's corporate inhabitants.
Inside the package was a six-pack carrier holding reusable sno-cone cups, filled with blue, shaved ice. I wondered why they weren't melting but insisted we put them in the freezer.
Suddenly I was inside the office building, exiting an office on one of the top floors. In the map, I had noticed that along with the Sno-Cone Company, Leverage Incorporated also occupied one of these penthouse offices. Back in the hallway a pastoral painting had come to life and a horse looked into the hallway as if he were looking out a barn's dutch door. A woman with short brown hair brushed the short hair on his neck slowly as she spoke of her own horse, "It's his birthday today" she said. I smiled and replied, "was there cake?" thinking a carrot cake would be a great treat. She said, "no, he's ill and we can't get him to eat."
Then I woke up, for real this time. And knowing that most dreams progress in real time, was confused to see that only a few minutes had passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment